ACTIVITIES--there's lots to do
Our facilities include a main lodge which has a dining room, sitting room with VCR and movies (Note, we do not have TV), and a sitting room with a library. We have a large dock area and swimming area. Also we have a new recreation hall which has a pool table, ping-pong table, card playing area, sitting area and toy area for small children. Also we have a bonfire pit.
- Boating, swimming, fishing
- Hiking, berry picking, biking
- Wildlife watching, photography
- Toasting marshmallows
- Playing golf--3 excellent golf courses--1 in Calais and 2 in Canada
- Moosehorn Wildlife Refuge (18 miles) has bald eagle nesting sites and 50 miles of road and trails
- Grand Lake Stream museum and fish hatchery (14 miles)
- Calais (22 miles) has a small movie theater, restaurants, supermarkets, stores, antique shops, Downeast Heritage Center and St. Croix Island.
- St. Stephen Canada (23 miles) has a chocolate factory, restaurants, supermarkets, and the Charlotte County Museum in Milltown
- St. Andrews Canada (50 miles) has The Marine Science Centre Aquarium, Sudbury Shores Arts and Natures Center as well as intriguing little shops, galleries and restaurants
- Day trips include whale watching out of Eastport, a visit to Quoddy Head State Park and historic West Quoddy Light house or the Roosevelt Homestead on Campobello Island.
SPECIAL EVENTS IN THE AREA
- May....Second Annual Down East Spring Birding Festival
- July...Grand Lake Stream Festival Folk Art Festival featuring 50 nationally recognized folk artists and craftsmen
- August...Down East Stampede and Rodeo Days, Machias
- August...Chocolate Fest., St Stephen, Canada
- August...International Festival St. Stephen, New Brunswick and Calais Maine
- August...Pleasant Point Indian Reservation Celebration
- August...Machias Blueberry Festival and Craft Fair
- Sept.....Maine Salmon Festival at Eastport
LARGE GROUPS, EXECUTIVE RETREATS,
A great feature of Long Lake Camps, being discovered by companies and families, is our capability to accommodate large groups. We can easily house 40-50 people at a time with lodging, meals, and boat rentals. We have many guides that can be provided, if desired, to make your stay that much more enjoyable.
CONFERENCES AND REUNIONS
If our guests decide that they don't want the meal plan, and wish to cook for themselves, all of our cabins have fully equipped kitchens. Our campground provides a great amount of space for family or group activities. Our new "guest laundry" facility can provide a much needed service for those longer stays.
Whether it's a trip to provide some down time for business executives or some real family fun, we promise to try our best to accommodate your personal and/or group needs.
Contact Amanda for more details on pricing and scheduling for these accommodations.
Family & Friends Functions
Websites of Interest
St. Croix 2004
Downeast Bird Festival
Mountain Road Fly Shop
St. Stephen, Town of
St. Andrews, Town of
Maine Inland Fish and Wildlife
Long Lake Camps
PO Box 817
Princeton Maine 04668
| Back Home |
Our Cabins |
Guides & Guided Trips |
| Around the Campfire (NEWS) |
Contact Us |
Copyright ©2000, Long Lake Camps and Web Impressions
Return to Connect Maine